We hope you all had a super Thanksgiving and are ready for another great week!
This week, your child will inquire into the following:
- Phonics-The 6 new words for this week are : some,her,would,make,like,him. Your child will explore these spelling patterns as well as review older Word Wall words through various activities.
- Reading-This week your child will begin reading the book Danny And The Dinosaur. We will be working on predictions and discovering the meaning of new words through context clues.
- Writing- The students will be practicing writing sentences. Understanding that a sentence expresses a complete thought and has a subject and a verb.
Math-The class is wrapping up the unit on time. Your child should be able to tell time to the hour, half hour and also elapsed time.you may practice by these skills by using the links below.
Theme-We are starting a new unit, Comparing and Ordering. Your child will be measuring different body parts using non standard units of measure and comparing them with others.
-Language Arts- Rainy Days Worksheet
- Math- What Time Is It?
-Read 10 min.
-Math- Ordering Events
-Language Arts- ABC order-Read 10 min.
-Math: Counting On
-Language Arts- Capitalizing proper nouns (months of the year, days of the week, and names)-Read 10 min
-Phonics -Study for spelling challenge
-Math- Review Worksheet
-Read 10 min
Soledad Belzuz will celebrate her birthday at school on Friday, she will be having a Pizza Lunch for everyone
- Please return Progress Reports as soon as possible
- Early Dismissal-Wednesday November 30th Early Dismissal@ 11:45 Staff Development
- Song Fest -Thursday December15th @ 6:00 pm
- Winter Break- Monday December 19th - January 3rd. Classes Resume on January 4th.
BBC- Word and Picture Games
Magic School Bus Online Fun
What's In The Bag? Game