Here is a list of comprehension questions that will help your child be a better reader. Pick a few that best fist the story:
1) What is the setting of the story? (Where and When- time of day, past/present/future/, time of year, day of week) not all the questions can be answered with every story
2) Who are the characters? The main characters?
3) What happened in the beginning of the story? The middle? The end?
4) What is the main idea?
5) What do you think will happen next? Why?
6) What is the problem?
7)If you could be one of the characters who would be be and why?
8) If the story took place in ______, how would it be different? Why?
9)If this setting/character was taken out of the story, how would the story be different? Why?
10)If your family was in the story, what character would each member be? Why?
11)How would the story be different if it was set in the past/present/future? Why