We hope everyone had a nice weekend.This is our last week of school. It was a pleasure getting to know your child throughout the year. We had a blast in first grade!
We understand that summer is a time to relax and have fun but at the same time it is important that your child spend some time reviewing academic skills to better prepare them for the second grade. We are giving each child a math packet and asking everyone to spend at least 10 minutes reading every day. Keeping a summer journal, for example, would allow your child to practice his/her writing skills. Watching English movies/television shows will help your child with his/her English skills.Your child will be out of school for nearly 8 weeks, reviewing reading, writing and math skills will help him/her get off to a great start.
Here are a few reminders that we would like all parents to make note of:
- Fly Up Day- Students will be visiting the second grade for one class period on June 4th.
- Early Release Days- June 5th, 6th and 7th are both early dismissal days. Your child will be going home at 11:45 a.m.
- Discovery Idol- Discovery Idol will be held on June 6th.
- Award Ceremony for Upper Elementary- June 7th. The whole school will be present.
- Gran Carnival and Bingo- June 9th from 11am-4pm
- Discovery Zone Summer Camp- begins June 11th
- Phonics- Your child will be reviewing various Word Wall words through chants and activites.
- Writing- Your child will be reviewing the writing process.
- Reading-Your child will be revewing various reading skills.
Have a safe and wonderful summer.We will miss you all.
SCHOOL STARTS THURSDAY,AUGUST 9th