- The General Assembly meeting and the Art Exhibition is May 5th here at school. Please mark your calendar and we hope to see you here.
- There will be a half day Friday, May 6th. Students will be dismissed at 11:45 a.m. Your child needs to bring a only a snack to school on that day, no lunch.
- Progress report will be sent home May 11th.
- This year Discovery School will be having a 'Book Drive'. If you would like to donate any books that are in good condition, please do so by May 9th.
- Discovery Idol- This year the school will be having the annual 'Discovery Idol'! This is a talent competion that is open to all students. If your child would like to participate, auditions will be held on May 17th and 18th. More information will be sent home soon.
Math- This week the students will be inquring into probablity. We will also be reviewing addition and subtraction- doubles plus 1 and doubles minus 1. Please review addition and subtraction facts up to 20 daily. The new chapter that they will be starting next week will consist of adding and subtracting 2-digit numbers without regrouping.
- Phonics- The new words for this week are means, old, any, same, and boy. The students will be learning these words plus reviewing older ones daily through chants and various activites.The spelling challenge will be on Thursday, May 5th.
- Reading-This week your child will be learning how to summarize information in his/her own words, sequencing a story and learning about legends. We will be reading Ticki Ticki Tembo.
- Writing- Your child will be reviewing his/her writing skills through various writing activies.
Theme-Science-Organisims- This week your child will inquire into animals. He/she will be classifying animals into different groups according to their characteristics.
-Reading- Read 10 minutes
-Theme- Cut, print-out or draw pictures of 5 different animals.
-Reading- Read 10 minutes
-Lanugage Arts- create your own kite or animal- using any household materials, please help your child make a kite or animal based on the story Tikki Tikki Tembo.
-Phonics- Study for spelling challenge
- IXL Math- scroll to addition and subtraction headings for great review excercises
- Cool Math 4 Kids- addition and subtraction games
- ICT Math Games- scroll to addtion and subtraction for review games
- Fun School.kaboose- fun math games
- Reading Rockets- Reading comprehesion artical for the parents; contains comprehension questions you can ask your child
- Children Story.info- Tikki Tikki Tembo story- differs slightly from the story we read in class
- Various phonics games
- General Assembly- Thursday, May 5th
- Half Day- Friday, May 6th.
- DPTO-check the DPTO website for up coming events and information. DPTO
- Please label ALL of your child's belongings with a permanent marker; lunch boxes, containers, sweaters, water bottles, bags, etc.
- Water Bottles- Your child must come to school with a water bottle every day.
- Library- Please make sure that your child brings his/her library book to school on his/her assigned library day.
Secret Word legend