August 16, 2010
We hope you had a great weekend! The children did a great job last week and are ready for a year filled with learning and fun!
• Please remember to check our class blog every Monday. This is your weekly letter; it might be a good idea for you to print it out. Our homework tracker, important dates and notices will all be posted on this blog.
• In order for the First graders to begin their day properly, it is very important that everyone be at school on time. Our day promptly begins at 8 o’clock.
• Homework will be sent home Monday –Thursday.
• Every student needs to bring a water bottle / thermos to school.(School does not supply paper cups)
• Show and Tell: The first graders are very excited about Show and Tell. A reminder will be sent home with your child letting you know what day he/she will be presenting to the class. We will discuss more about Show and Tell during Open House.
• Please feel free to contact Ms. Magda or myself via email or cell phone if you have any questions or doubts:
Open House is this Thursday August 19th, from 6-8 pm. We look forward to seeing you.
This week we will be working on the following:
Language Arts: Children will work on their All About Me.
Phonics: Review of Initial and Ending Consonant sounds
Math: Patterns and Readiness for Addition and Subtraction.
Social Studies: We will begin our Citizenship Unit, focusing on Honesty